~


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Toy!

The new camera got here! I previously had a Canon PowerShot A75, which is a little 3.2 megapixel PHS style camera (PHS = push here, stupid). I really liked it a lot - it was simple, took pretty good pictures, had gone with me to Nashville and Maine and Virginia and New Hampshire among other places, all that good stuff...up until it died about a month ago. Since it was about 5 years old at that point (and did I mention 3.2 megapixels?), it really wasn't worth getting fixed.

I eventually want to get a really good camera, as I enjoy photography and would like to pursue it more as a hobby at some point. However, it's just not in the budget to drop a thousand dollars on a camera right now.

The new toy is a Canon PowerShot A590IS, which was very reasonably priced, partly because they are discontinuing the model right now. But at what I wanted to pay for it (and 8.0 megapixels), it's perfect for me for right now. Yay!

As soon as I figure out how to use it, I'll have some new pictures posted.

No comments: