~


Friday, April 23, 2010

The center of the rose

I made good progress on Broadway this week - although there's a lot of confetti stitching, it's also balanced out with fairly consistent runs of the same color, so it works up more quickly than you might think.   I'm about halfway through the page I showed in a previous post.  Other pages in the pattern have a lot more empty space that this page does (it's the center area of the large rose). 

So here it is:  


I love the colors, which is often what draws me to specific Silver Lining projects.  You can see the center of the rose forming here.  

It's always interesting how many colors are actually in a project - you look at the overall picture and think "oh it's a yellow and red rose" but when you work on it, there are so many shades of yellows and oranges and pinks and reds....

And so Broadway will get put aside for now so I can work on another project for the upcoming week.

2 comments:

wot said...

Silver Lining designs can be intimidating, especially because of mixing thread brands. I have a SL UFO in my stash, I will start anew when I gather the courage.

Gracefully Vintage said...

WOw, that is amazing work- that is intricate work- Thanks for stopping by my blog- makes me totallys smile when i see a new comment or follower..
Karryann