~


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A new long term project!

I've been rolling around the idea of doing Lavender & Lace's Celtic Ladies for a lot of years now...I've always liked them but with Mirabilia's Seasonal Queens in progress for ten years, I didn't really want to take on yet another large set until those were done. 

I finally finished the four seasonal Mirabilia Queens last year, and I'm going to work on wrapping up Royal Holiday before the end of the year.   In the future, I may do Queen of Liberty and Queen of Peace but no rush.  

So, as you might have guessed from the last post, I've decided to commit to doing all five of the Celtic ladies.   It may take another ten years to get these ladies done (ack!) but I'll work on them at and a time, and they'll be finished when they're finished.  

I still need to get the patterns for Autumn, Summer and Winter.  I bought Celtic Christmas a couple months ago (I'm still surprised that I didn't have the pattern before that).  I just ordered Celtic Spring a couple days ago because I needed to order Kreiniks for Queen Mermaid (and I always add a pattern on).

I am definately doing the orange/green conversion for Autumn, and I'm inclined to start that one first.     I am doing Christmas "as is" for the pattern, and probably Spring and Summer as well, as I really like them.   Winter....lol....well I think is a candidate for some tweaking.  I'll keep my eyes open to see if there's a conversion around that I like better than the current pattern, but obviously there's plenty of time because I may not start it until 2015 at this rate LOL.

I've joined up with another blog as well, the Celtic Ladies SAL.   Lots of wonderful stitchers over there who are also working on one or more of these ladies.

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh my goodness girl - you take BAP top a new level. I salute you!

Her Boudoir said...

LOL On the bright side...they're not as large as the Mira Queens...they only need a FQ each, with room to spare!

Rachel said...

Good luck! I have Spring done, with hopes of stitching the rest. Maybe after I finish a few of my WIPs, I will start on Autumn. I also love the orange and green conversion. I decided to do a green and yellow conversion for summer, and I am really anxious to get my hands on the cape conversion for Winter, though I have had no luck so far.

I really look forward to seeing your WIPs!!! Spring has been my all time favorite stitch in all the years I have been stitching :)