~

Monday, January 19, 2009

WIP Updates





I've mostly been working on Fairy Idyll (yes, another Mirabilia) lately. I was visiting my boyfriend for a couple of weeks (he lives in another state), so while he worked, I got to spend some serious time stitching. I've always really loved this pattern, so it's been on my "to do" list for a long time. She's being worked on 32 count cream Belfast linen. A lot of the colors are quite subtle, so the cream really blends in nicely with them. I will probably do some additional backstitching around the yellow dress to give it a little more definition against the background. I really like how the topiaries are coming out - I still need to add the Waterlilies threads to finish that section.





I've also been doing a little of Summer Queen, the "official" last one of the 4 seasonal Queens by Mirabilia. (I may also do Royal Holiday aka Christmas Queen) SQ is being worked on 32 count antique white linen. I definately would like to get her done soon mostly just to be done with the series - since I started in 1999 - but realistically, it'll be a year or two before I can afford to get them all framed at once.

No comments: