~

Friday, February 26, 2010

Old Finds = New Projects

As I've mentioned, I've been packing to move and having a good junk-out of stuff. I had boxes and boxes of crafty type stuff that I went through and inevitably, found a couple of long forgotten in progress projects. Some I packed all the materials together for and put them in the Goodwill box - perhaps they'll find homes with someone who would like to finish them. Some others, I threw out.

I did scavenge two projects that I will add into rotation and finish (at some point anyway).

First up: Purple Perfection from Silver Lining.


I know what happened with this project - same problems I had with Edith Wolford. Many of the colors are VERY similar and there's a LOT of confetti stitching. I did a little work on it, and realized I couldn't keep track of the colors, so I put it away. I have since come up with some strategies since to make this type of stitching a lot easier (carding floss and recarding cut floss; working on one 10x10 chart square at a time), so I'll get back to this piece now. I am going to frog all of what was stitched (you can see it's not very much), and start fresh on it. Purple Perfection is on 32 count antique white lugana and uses a combination of DMC and Anchor floss.

Purple Perfection will have to go to the end of the Silver Lining project line, since I kitted up Broadway as part of the recent stash haul and my last finish was another purple (and orange) iris, Edith Wolford.

Next up: "Floral Boutique Pillow" fromJust Cross Stitch August 1998



This is about 30% of the way finished. The fabric is a little soiled, so I'll need to wash it before I do anymore stitching - I want to make sure I can get it clean before I invest any more time in it. I do like the pattern though. I always intended this to be a pillow top, and it's being worked on 16 count Aida so it's a little more sturdy of a fabric. This will probably just go to the bottom of the "to do" pile; I may still pack it up and give it away.

I realize now that I've got the picture uploaded that I have the piece positioned incorrectly - it's on it's side rather than right side up. Oops!

No comments: