~

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ahhh...that's better!

So with the Mermaid of Atlantis finish on hold for now, I'm back working on Midsummer Night's Fairy.  This is a "before" picture;  I have to say, the whole gaping mouth thing has been freaking me out when I look at this picture LOL  It's very blow-up-doll-esq.  Obviously that needs to be taken care of ASAP  LOL


So the first thing I did yesterday is finish her face off.  I still need to backstitch the lips, but don't have that thread color in her "kit".   I'll either scavange some from another kit or pick up the floss later this week.    But she's not giving me that apocolypse look anymore so it's all good for right now LOL

I also made some good progress on her wings, which are done entirely in Kreinik metallics.  Ugh.  NOT my favorite thread to work with but it does give a really lovely effect.   I tried Thread Heaven for the first time with this project, and it's been a huge help.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Whew! so glad you fixed that face, it was freaking me out too. she's lovely so far.

Andie said...

Shes looking beautiful! :D

Terri said...

She is looking fantastic :)