So here is my new Silver Lining project, Broadway. Like many of the Silver Lining patterns, I've been drooling over this one for quite a while. I really love the colors - gorgeous! I think a very simple antique white background works best for Silver Lining designs, so I've chosen a belfast linen to work on.
We had company over the weekend so I didn't have a lot of time to work on it, but here's what I got started:
It's part of the large rose's center, although it obviously doesn't look like much so far. Lots of shades of red, orange, and yellow. I'm working block by block (more or less) unless it makes sense to continue colors out of the blocks.
Here's what the pattern looks like:
This gives you an idea of the complexity of the pattern, which is why I work SL's block by block. I cross off the blocks as I complete them, which helps me keep my place. SL prints their patterns on individual sheets, so I'll just finish it a sheet at a time.
Since none of my other projects are more than halfway done, I'm going to try to go back into a rotation, working on a project for a week, then switching to something else so that they all get some attention.