I ordered my extra floss from HDF last Sunday and had them on Thursday. Not surprisingly, it's a different dye lot than those I already have but since I ordered them six months apart it's to be expected. They look identical to me but I will still blend them when I stitch, because it tends to be more obvious if there is any kind of color difference then.
Despite my feelings that after stitched, there's not a huge visual difference between silks and regular DMC....the silks certainly do feel fantastic.
And of course, working on Scarlet Ribands all this week. I didn't quite get the second page finished, but I'm working on the partial motifs that overlap from page 2 to page 3. The partials at the bottom of the page are complete.
I thought I might get bored working on a piece that only has one floss color, but I actually like the simplicity of it. At this stage, it's not quite as spectacular as some of the other pieces that I'm working on (like Broadway, which is coming up in rotation next) but it's really interesting in a subtle kind of way.
The details are just really great. For example, there's this little cat and moust detail, although the cat isn't quite finished as it overlaps to another page. I do just enough on the overlap section that I won't have any problem picking up where I was working previously when I get to the next page. Other than the historic appeal of red work, there's just a lot going on.