....eleven more to go. This is page one completed. The pattern pages are printed with a shaded overlap to each page, which is really nice since I prefer work on one page at a time. It's easy to see where the overlaps are.
In theory then, it should take me about 36 skeins to finish all twelve pages of the design. I didn't have nearly that many, so I ordered the balance of the threads this morning with two extra skeins. I hope there's no problems with the color lots being too different since it's been a couple months since I ordered the first batch. If there's a difference, I'll just have to do some blending - not a big deal.
This is the first project that I've ever tried to do in all silk floss as opposed to DMC with some silk highlights (usually Waterlilies). I like working with the silks - there's a great feel to them. I'm not sure that I think there's a huge difference in appearance from DMC though other than the silks have slight color variations in them. Because this design is one color on one background, I thought that it would be nice to try a different floss for it, and I am pleased with how it looks so far. And of course - there's always that factor that I *know* it's done in silks and not cotton that is nice. (Sort of the opposite of when there's a mistake that no one else sees,but you do and it drives you nuts because the piece is framed and it's a little late to do anything about it).
HDF's are definately quite affordable for silk floss. Perhaps in the future, I might use HDF in a Mirabilia by doing the dress in silks and the rest in DMC. It would be interesting to see the contrast of silks and the cotton flosses in a piece like that.