Saturday, September 18, 2010
And at last....Sleeping Beauty
And she is, at last, complete.
The particulars: The design is Sleeping Beauty by Mirabilia; the fabric is "Fathom" by Picture This Plus, 32 count lugana done over 2. Started May 2009; completed September 17, 2010.
Backstory: Back in the mid-90's, I originally fell in love with this design and decided to try it. I'd never done any linen or over 2 stitching at all or anything this large. I made the mistake of starting on the area of the design that I've recently dubbed The Green Monster and predictably, ended up quitting after a couple days. Put her away.
Re-bought all the supplies in early 2009 (after spending 10+ years exclusively stitching over 2 and on linen, and after having completed several Mirabilias) and got her started again. She is the first piece that I decided to use hand dyed fabric.
Last winter I was going through about six tubs of assorted crafty things before I moved and found the original Sleeping Beauty...lol..poor thing! It was quite a mess and I know why I quit.