~


Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Annnnnnd......welcome to the 2020 Chicken Challenge!

 All this started because the hubs used to tease me that I always made chicken....that I knew how make chicken in more ways than anyone else....that even when I made something that wasn't chicken, it tasted like chicken.....so I reacted appropriately. I made chicken every night for a month 🤪 And didn't tell him.

 I am changing things up this time. Previous Chicken Challenges were a month long challenge of all chicken dinners, mostly all new recipes. While that was a lot of fun, it was also very hectic - all I focused on all month was cooking just about every day. It also posed some logistical issues with tracking down specialty ingredients, etc.

 So instead of the "Month of Chicken"....the 2020 Chicken Challenge will be the "Year of Chicken". I'll be doing a new chicken recipe every week for the entire year. Some recipes will have an interesting twist on an old favorite, or feature a new technique for something familiar, or just be something new and unique altogether. Because yes - after multiple chicken challenges and years of making a lot of chicken recipes.....there are lots more new ones to try.

 As always, "real world rules" apply. Sometimes life happens, but I'll do my best to keep up with this challenge.

 I'm kicking things off with an interesting technique on an old favorite today for our annual "eat appetizers all day and watch the Mummer's Parade" NYD celebration. I'll be posting about it this weekend.

No comments: